Friday, July 8, 2016

Enumerated Update

Happy Friday, friends!

We have enjoyed a week with no structure and plans and are looking forward to more of the same this weekend.

Here are just a few quick things before the weekend kicks off:


1) Her Royal Highness: Twenty-nine times Kate Middleton played sports in heels. I always say one can do anything in a good wedge, but she is rocking a legitimate heel in many of these instances.

2) Treating Yourself: Whenever I used to have to do something especially unpleasant at work, I would treat myself to a new purse. Because this could quickly get out of hand, I reserved this privilege for an especially heinous task, and I think only three purses were purchased over the course of many years. (Also, this was back when shoes were my obsession before the purse thing got really out of control.)

Instead, here are some ideas for treating yourself without wrecking your budget or splurging on a caloric treat, i.e., 23 ways to treat yourself without buying or eating anything.

3) Repeat: I feel like I may have shared this previously, but cannot readily locate these tips on photographing your children.  Lately we have slipped into a pattern of grabbing the camera when we are all dressed up, but I don't want to lose the "daily", even with older children now.

4) Sedaris: Am I the only one who thinks we are long overdue another collection from David Sedaris? Until then, here's what it would be like to go shopping with him in Tokyo.

5) Very British Problems: Why am I just now learning of this series?  I don't know why, but the video contained in this link is soooo funny to me. First of all, the primary example given of someone opening a refrigerator in your home would not disturb me in the least. It might have at one time, but all bets are off once one has children. Because the act of opening the refrigerator loses any invasion-type stigma and is elevated (to me) to pitching in to help. I'm pretty sure I opened a neighbor's refrigerator during a recent dinner to refill the trio's drinks with tea. Because our lovely neighbors, while kind enough to host us in their home, are not waitstaff. Also, were you, dear friend, to open my fridge in search of a drink or condiment, my internal dialogue would be along the lines of, "Yes. Thank you. I clearly have my hands full, and you are so kind to help yourself."

Also, as a longtime Anglophile, the Brits are just hilarious to me on all levels. For example, I clicked through to YouTube to imbed the video (and because I was hopeful that there would be more videos from the series), and a little sentence popped up that read:

This video is unlisted. Be considerate and think twice before sharing.  

That tickled my funny bone all over again, because I will totally share that video in a nanosecond. (It's not like it isn't properly credited.)

Hello, my name is Cathi. I'm an American and apparently very, very rude.

To conclude... Very British Problems? I'm going to need much, much more of that.

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments: