Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Glows and Grows

It has been no secret that January has been lengthy this year. Normally, I have no quarrel with January, but this one has been long.  

The downstairs dry erase boards so often are filled with writing that I'm used to seeing the words, maybe glimpsing some words or phrases and having an idea of what is going on. For whatever reason, I had not focused on the boards enough, but recently I stopped short when a couple of favorable compliments caught my eye. 

The trio had made a list of "glows" for each other, along with some constructive "grows," and it made my whole month.  

GEORGE

Glows from Lauren: 
I love how social and nice you are to everyone you talk to. 
I love how you put a lot of dedication and determination into things!

Grows from Lauren:
Listen to mom and dad.
Be less angry.

Glows from Grace:
I love how nice and kind you are to us. For ex: If Lauren or I get hurt, you immediately see if we are kk. :) [Laughing emoji.]

Grow from Grace:
Work on your temper a little bit!!!

George's response: Thank you. I think you were just right. Thank you.



GRACE

Glows from George: 
I love how you always try to break fights and I also like how you always are uplifting others. 

Grows from George:
Need to stay calm.

Glows from Lauren:
I love how you care so much about everyone that you would probably give up your life.
I love how sweet and generous you are. 

Grows from Lauren:
Be less stressed. 
Don't give up easily.

Grace's response:
I love what my siblings said about me. They are right about all of these things. I also like how they told me to be less stressed/calm down and not to give up. I am going to work really hard to achieve these goals. Thank-you guys. Love you both to the moon and back. 




LAUREN

Glows from Grace:

I love how you make sure everything is the way it should be. For ex: If 2 of us were arguing, u would immediately fix the problem. 

Grow from Grace:
Be on your phone less and enjoy the things around you!!!

Glow from George:
I like how you are organized and nice. I like how you are social and help others out. 

Grow from George:
To be on phone less. 

Lauren's response:
I love the glows you gave me, that was really nice. I would like to improve being on my phone less often because it definitely isn't fair to you or myself. I should always remember the things happening around me. 


All 3:

We are a united team!

Spend more time and value each other!

Do not put each other down!!!

Argue less often

Always love each other; don't take one another for granted

Do not say things you do not mean!!!!!

Be together, not against!

Y'all. This blew me away and definitely made my entire month.  



No comments: