Friday, November 16, 2012

Lasagna




This week Kelly is discussing favorite main dishes. 

We are in the process of recommitting ourselves to menu planning and being more disciplined about eating at home.  We recently reviewed our budget, and I was shocked to see the amount of money we spend eating out each month -- especially since I didn't think we ate out at all!  When I questioned the amount, Skip, my husband, said, "Yeah, I know, but it's right.  I put it in an Excel spreadsheet, and that is absolutely the amount."  Those numbers, man, they just never lie. 

Anyrate, I am currently trying to put together a rotating menu and am very eager for some suggestions. 

The attached link is to my very favorite version of Lasagna.  Hands down, this is our favorite entree.  As the recipe indicates, it is time-consuming (but not hard at all; it just needs to simmer for a while), and, of paramount importance, it freezes well.  Therefore, I usually make a couple of pans and freeze one for later.  In fact, the sauce makes enough for two, as the recipe is written.  I either have an extra lasagna or reserve the sauce to make baked ravioli.

Happy eating, and I look forward to picking up several new entree options. 

 

No comments: