Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Weekend Update






Even though the trio had a long weekend, the harsh reality of starting another week has been jarring. After we had some quick photos taken last Friday, we met Skip, who had taken the afternoon off (yay!) off, for lunch, and then the trio went to spend the night with their grandparents. Skip has had a lot going on, work-wise, so we opted for a low key evening at home. I'll just come clean... we finally watched the movie version of Entourage.  And because I love Ari Gold, it was my idea.  Our approach to movies that evolve from the small screen is to have exceptionally low expectations, i.e., the movie is not going to be better than the series. Because we had the bar set incredibly low, we found the movie entertaining. Sure, it's not going to win any awards and you'll hardly be discussing the plot with friends, but the scene with Ari in the therapist's office? Well... as Skip said, "I can see me doing that."  (Ahem: So can I, friends.)

Also, to appreciate Entourage, either the television series or the movie, it helps to focus on Jeremy Piven who portrays Ari Gold, a character based on real-life agent Ari Emanuel (brother to Rahm, who I love). We are fascinated by the Emanuel family, and therefore, we were hooked on the series from the beginning.


We had some shopping to do Saturday, and then had lunch at Macaroni Grill because we were in the area and ravenous. We also peered into the new Trader Joe's (our city's first!), and are very excited about its grand opening today. Our trip would not be complete without the requisite visit to the Apple store, but we were disappointed that the new iPad was not available for our grubby little hands to explore. Granted, we are not even interested in the iPad (I'm very put off by the stylus, as I'm a definite "no" on any stylus. I kind of want to snap them into when I see one.). I continue to not have a user case for the Apple Watch, although I am decidedly "pro," for most users.  



We later picked up the trio and fulfilled a promise to Lauren by having shaved ice one last time before our local stand closes for winter. The rest of our weekend consisted of watching the game, church and playing outside.  


How is your weekend, and how is the week shaping up so far? 




No comments: