Friday, January 5, 2018

Enumerated Update



How is your first week of 2018?

Ours has been fantastic, but that's because our vacation bubble hasn't been completely burst yet. Sure, Skip returned to work on Tuesday, and that definitely stung. Even though the trio resumed some work here at home (e.g., science olympiad prep, etc.) and I decommissioned Christmas, we have still been in a very relaxed state. I don't want to sound too 2014 or anything, but we have seriously been getting our hygge on.

So I have completely bailed on pop culture and the weekly listicle here. There were so many things I wanted to mention last fall.

1) Will & Grace:   First, the return of Will&Grace. I loved that the show was considered controversial. I tuned in to the first episode in 1998 so it was very doubtful I felt controversial about watching the reboot. LOVED it and am so excited that it resumes this week.

2) Seinfeld: This is where I really dropped the ball. How could I not have mentioned Jerry Seinfeld's entrance to Netflix. I mean, first of all, thank goodness he was able to strike such a lucrative deal ($100M) because he has to be struggling, right? No, he's not; he's almost a billionaire.

Any rate. So I loved the special and am very excited about the return of Comedians in Cars. Also, if you  have seen the special, he does a bit about how we are conflicted about our needs. For example, nighttime Cathi stays up late reading and isn't worried at all about the 6:30am alarm because that's morning Cathi's problem. Nighttime Cathi wants to finish her book! You get the idea.

So that riff struck me as so perfectly true as it pertains to William George. Nighttime George looks at the clothing being laid out for him and is unbelievably magnanimous. Nighttime George is perfectly agreeable to wearing a button down shirt, sweater, jeans and his Sperry's. Of course, nighttime George wants to look good at school tomorrow! He isn't worried about comfort! He's wearing his jammies, for crying out loud! Morning George, on the other hand, detests those selections. He wants to wear a short-sleeved shirt, sweatpants with holes in both knees and his oldest and most worn out pair of shoes. He also wants to punch nighttime George in the mouth.

This is why I love Jerry Seinfeld... because he speaks the truth.

3) Related: Have you taken the Larry David Age Test?

Confession: My score was 0. As in zero. As in no points. As in, I answered every question incorrectly.

4) The Crown: Have you seen The Crown yet? I haven't completed the second season and have purposefully saved it for January viewing. Although I tried to get Skip to watch the first season with me last year, he wouldn't, but now he wants to catch up for season two.

5) Ocean's 8: Have you seen the trailer for Ocean's 8? I'm so intrigued.

Have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

Lauren Lindsey said...

Hey mommy! You didn’t tell me about nighttime George! So nighttime Gorge is clean and will wear acceptable clothes and daytime George will wear crazy clothes. That’s funny 😆

The Lindsey Family said...

There's a nighttime/daytime LuLu, too! :) :) :)