Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Finds

Happy New Year! 

Are you solidly resolved in 2013?  For us, organization is high on the list of themes for 2013.  William George, cute as he is, derailed some of our organizational systems during the last 18 months, but we are determined to get back on track. 

Once all routines return to normal (school, work, etc.), I will try to sit down at the computer (Santa brought us a shiny new one!), and load photos for sharing.  Until then, you are spared the 100,081,398,132,410,928,347,123,947,810,298,734 photos of our holidays. 

In the meantime, I wanted to share a couple of things.  First and foremost, please go NOW and pick up Southern Living's magazine devoted to crock pot recipes.  I purchased this prior to Christmas and, having tried a few of the recipes, fully endorse this magazine.  These recipes go way beyond the standard roast.  The magazine is only on the shelves for another week or so.  Hurry!  Go now!



Second, are you looking for a paper calendar?  If you are a busy mom managing your family's schedule, I recommend MomAgenda, and the genius of MomAgenda is being featured on Zulily at 70% off through Saturday, January 5th, at 8:00am.  I purchased my refill through a Zulily sale in September and was giddy over the 70% savings.  Giddy, I tell you!  Unfortunately, I cannot locate the refill.  I'm not exactly giddy about that part of the story.  See above comments about organization in 2013.  I clearly have some obstacles to overcome. 



Finally, I owe you all a huge apology about the Neiman Marcus-Target collaboration endeavour.  We were so busy I didn't get a change to make it to the store until a couple of days after the line debuted.

Y'all. 

The girl's Marchesa dresses were dreamy... other-worldly.  But those of you who know me well know there is no way I could spend $200 on a couple of designer dresses for my daughters -- as much as I love and adore them.  The price point for this collaborative effort was too high, and there is no surprise that these designer goods are still hanging on the racks at my Target as we speak, almost exactly one month after they arrived.



At the beginning of December, I did what any frugal girl would do: I picked up the Tory Burch lunch box (at $18.99, the cheapest designer item in inventory) and vowed to watch the clearance sales.  I am about to redeem myself for any sticker shock you may have suffered if you checked out these collaborations last month.  My clearance plan?  The time is NOW.  These items are 70% off.  The Marchesa dress?  $23.00!  Friends, it is time to shop!!! 

That's it for now.  Except, by way of confessional, our tree is still up, as are the outdoor decorations, and we are still lighting everything nightly, along with our neighbors.  We have made an unspoken agreement to continue with decorations through this week. 

Will you join us? 

No comments: