Monday, March 4, 2013

Enumerated Update



We are running behind again so, quickly, here's where we are:

1) MARCH:  I don't mind the cold, and I have no quarrel with the rain. The gray skies I could do without out. Here's hoping March signals a return of blue skies and sunny days.
 
2)  HVAC: Remember back on Valentine's Day how everyone was celebrating and passing out Valentine cards... eating chocolate... enjoying flowers? 

Well.  Instead of that, we were having a major repair completed. Specifically, we had a new downstairs HVAC unit installed. I've been a little bitter about the expenditure and have been unable to talk about it until now. The Monday after installation, my phone rang while George and I were in Target. The representative from the HVAC company was entering the warranty information, and she was confused as to why she had record of two units in such a short span of time. 

"I'm perplexed by it as well," I told her. For you see, we had an upstairs unit installed 14 months ago. We try not to complain, but we could have thought of many, many other ways to spend thousands of dollars.
 
3)  RZ: So you know how we don't really watch television? During illness a year and a half ago I discovered the Rachel Zoe Project. Long story short, I was hooked and systematically watched all prior seasons. Season five premiers this week, and I may break our no-television-pattern.  Oh, how the mighty have fallen!
4) CHEESE: William George is something of a handful at times. He is opinionated, strong-willed and has a fierce temper. Luckily, he also has a bag of tricks -- a few things he can deploy to melt us completely. One such trick was his habit of hamming for the camera. Whenever he is in the camera's frame, he throws his head back, flashes the biggest, toothy grin and yells "CHEEEEESE"!
 
It's pretty awesome. In fact, it's a perfect 10/10 on the awesome scale. I have at least a hundred photos of that pose, and I have mentioned it previously herehere and here (and you can see further evidence of it herehere,here and here). Whenever anyone observes him doing his cheese routine, they always comment that George definitely has his photo taken A LOT. 

He's my muse... he and his lovely sisters.

Yesterday afternoon, he was crammed into his monster truck with Snoopy, and I decided to snap a quick picture. He looked over nonchalantly, barely smiled and said, "Cheese." No emphatic CHEEEEESE! No exaggerated smile - nothing. It was like taking a body blow. So, of course, I did the worst thing imaginable and kept trying to get him to revert to CHEEEEESE! mode over and over, with the result being that he grew even more firm about his new "cheese" position. I quickly looked at Skip and asked, "Is today going to be the day he stops throwing his head back and yelling 'CHEEEEESE' because I don't think I can take it?!"  

5)  SOFTBALL: We signed up for softball again this year, and I am currently awaiting team assignments. The duo are so excited, and William George will enjoy running around the park like a mad man (versus being carried around in a Baby Bjorn like last year). 

What's going on with you? How was your weekend? Did anyone rob you (HVAC company) or break your heart (William George)? Or, were you able to relax and enjoy yourself?
 

No comments: