Thursday, March 14, 2013

Food: Seaside Mature English Cheddar



Do you like Whole Foods? We realize no company is altogether perfect, and we still like them.  In fact, Whole Foods is woven into many of our traditions. For special occasions, such as birthday parties, we trek to Whole Foods, en familia, to pick up quality, fresh ingredients.

When Skip and the duo went shopping for my birthday dinner, they returned home with Seaside Mature English Cheddar (along with steak kabobs and other delicious fare!).  We have gone back to restock on that cheese several times, and I have been meaning to mention this yummy cheese previously but had forgotten.  Recently, we grilled pork chops and had baked potatoes.  When I found myself scouring the refrigerator for the remaining sliver of cheese, I remembered you, and thought it would be nice to share.

So basically our friendly grocer had told Skip, as an afterthought, to grab some of the Seaside white cheddar to grate on our baked potatoes.  This is going to seem like such an unbelievably simple thing to share, but a baked potato with the aforementioned grated cheese is a life-changing experience.

Now I fear I have set the bar too high.

Just trust me on this one.


1 comment:

Roger Torbert said...

Do you guys live near Whole Foods? We're not too far from there and try to stop by for fresh produce and meat regularly.

If you haven't had it, their pizzas are AWESOME!