Thursday, September 18, 2014

Weekend Update




Happy Tuesday Thursday, friends!

I have been working on an involved family photo project (long story/not worth it) that has sent me back into our photo archives and has made me realize that capturing our weekend activities has not really been a priority here for a while. I think it's because we are creatures of habit, and writing the same things each week can sometimes seem redundant. Also, as the above strike-through indicates, sometimes loading and editing photos can slow things down. Since this serves as our family journal/scrapbook and, apparently, photo album (See project reference. I'm ok with taking the photos... just not so much with the printing of the photos.), capturing the comings and goings of our little crew might be worthwhile.

So here goes. Fridays are declared "Fun Friday" around these parts. The trio wear their "comfy clothes," as they call them, to school. We usually have some type of reward-based treat after school, although we do not have a consensus on this. Skip has introduced the duo to Sonic and their good-value, happy hour specials. I know there is much, much love for Sonic in the blog world, but we do not have a good Sonic, friends. Our Sonic routinely scores low (e.g., 70's) on health ratings (the drink dispensers have been cited previously... I won't go into details) and has even had a run-in with local authorities (an officer had his drink tampered with by a Sonic employee). I'm not a fan. I will not eat or drink from our local Sonic, and I am funny about having my children eat/drink food that I wouldn't eat/drink myself. Anyrate. I am the lone, dissenting opinion about Sonic at our house, and this rant has gone on long enough. This past Friday I was able to talk the duo into a special treat for dinner (ordering pizza) instead of an after school treat from Sonic. A fun Friday pizza night is about the best fun our trio can have.

We went to Skip's parents' house for lunch Saturday. Skip and his dad grilled steak and salmon, and the trio played outside for hours. We had been promised cooler temps for the weekend, and being outside without melting was sure nice for a change.  The trio needed looooong showers Saturday night.






After church Sunday, the trio asked to swim again so we loaded our things and headed to our local YMCA for some more late summer fun. William George is determined to squeeze some fun out of summer after being in daycare during July and resuming preschool in August. He is having a blast, and the duo had much more fun this time, too. Technically, it's still summer, and the trio have been quick to point that out.






And now, just like that, we are ready for another weekend.


No comments: