Friday, April 10, 2015

Enumerated Update



Happy Friday, friends!

We made it through another week, and the weekend awaits. We are gearing up for the opening day of softball tomorrow so the girls are most excited about their first game. In the meantime, here is what is on our minds:

1) Device Management: Have you seen the Moment app? I want to try this app, but will probably be embarrassed about how much time is spent on devices. Is it better to not know, or face the potential problem head on?

2) Layering Jewelry: Now that William George is older and no longer quite so grabby with jewelry, I am getting some of my jewelry back into rotation and have been exploring ways to wear necklaces. Here is a nice tutorial on stacking, which seems like a good way to update.

3) Lebowitz: I loved this interview more than I can say. My favorite quotes:

a. Yoga pants are ruining women. (Ha! I wear them all the time.)
b. This most recent revival of platform shoes embodies everything that's wrong with young people.
c. Clothes don't really fit unless they're made for you.
d. I feel very strongly that almost the entire city has copied my glasses.
e. I think someone my age should look at what young people are wearing and think, "What the hell is that?"
f.  If you walked around New York you would think there was a terrible mirror famine.

There are so many more - soooo many.

4) Saying Thanks: This is an oldie but goodie... a foolproof blueprint for writing a winning thank you note.

5) How to arrange florals: Now that spring has sprung, here's a little guidance on creating a professional-looking bouquet from your own flower beds, or, in my case, flowers from the grocer. I especially like the spiraling tip.

I also have three tips gleaned from a florist years ago that has extended my flowers from a few days to 10-14 days. First, trim the flowers when you arrive home, and then trim them daily after that. Second, completely empty/change the water daily. (Also, change out the vase if it starts to look dirty.) Finally, never use the plant food packaged with the flowers. The food "feeds" the flowers, but also feeds bacteria.

That's it for us this week. Have a wonderful weekend, and we will see you back here Monday.

No comments: