Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Ready For School



Two of my children are in total denial about the end of summer break, while the remaining child is on pins and needles to return to school. I will let you guess which one is excited.

Spoiler alert: it's totally Lauren.

The day after we returned from vacation, Lauren appeared at our bedside first thing in the morning, showing us her iPad and saying, "The school supply list has been posted!" Then she purposefully got out her back back and pencil pouch and started reorganizing her supplies from last year. While I commended her initiative and effort to recycle/repurpose, I was less on board with this re-org being spread out on all of the kitchen counters, but I do love her spirit and enthusiasm.

Then today, on a random Wednesday, Lauren decided to set her alarm at 6am and to awaken her siblings. She decided we all needed to get back to our regular routine, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you that was a unilateral decision.

Personally, I am siding with Grace and George on this issue and definitely think we could use a few more weeks.

No comments: