Monday, February 1, 2010

Day One

Whenever Skip or I start a new job (which isn't that often, making it a monumental event in our little lives), at some point in the day, once we have been cleared by IT, assigned various user id's and passwords, and finally have access to e-mail, we send out an e-mail missive giving the briefest of insight into the new environ. The comments vary, but the subject is always the same:

Day One.

Succinctly, that subject conveys part excitement, part what-have-I-gotten-myself-into, but mostly realization that a new chapter is beginning. Today is one of those Day One's. I left my job of almost 8 years last Friday. It was a great job, with wonderful people and fantastic clients. While I will miss them, this is a pretty awesome Day One, as this is my first day at home with the girls. I thought I would be listening for my e-mail to chime and/or for the phone to ring, but I am adjusting quite well. We're very blessed and appreciative.

Instead of excitement with a dash of skepticism, this Day One encapsulates excitement and gratitude.

No comments: