Monday, February 22, 2010

Easter dress rehearsal

Yesterday we tried on the dresses we purchased for Easter (and these will also be used for a couple of upcoming wedding-related events).

Here's the dress:



Gracie likes the dress. Lauren immediately said, "Don't want it. Take it off?"

Total rejection. She says the dress isn't pink. We discussed the colors... the pink... the brown. When I point to the pink bodice and ask what color it is, she says, "pink." But then when I say, so, then, the dress is pink. She argues that the dress is brown.

Just as my patience was running out, I remembered the upcoming weddings. As I was putting the dress away, I said, "Well, I thought you might wear this to Sarah's party in June...."

Her head snapped up. You could see the wheels turning.

"Sarah? Did she say SARAH????"

She ran toward the dress and began chattering about the dress... wear to Sarah's party... "Wan' see Sarah? See Sarah tomorrow. Sarah's party tomorrow?"

Naturally, June is many months away, and a lot can transpire with Lauren's logic between now and then. For now, though, I am counting this as a win.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Love, Love, Love the dress!!! We need one of those - where did you find it? Wait, please don't tell me e-bay:)