Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

The only comment I have so far about SBS is that the game sabotaged my errands Friday. After dropping the girls at school, I had breakfast, went to Old Navy, Babies R' Us (more toilet learning -- don't ask), and OfficeMax before striking out for Costco. I had allotted 45 minutes for our monthly shop, but I had to scale that back when I saw how crowded the store was and how long the lines were. Friday was a horrible day for errands. Friday was day 2 of a three-day downpour. There should have been no one at Costco, but the store was completely packed! I went through the baby goods/toiletry/cleaning supply area without seeing another customer. I went down all the regular aisles without much congestion. Finally, I got to the frozen foods area, the meat cases and.... the beer/wine section. Ahhh... then I got it... It was Super Bowl traffic!

I raced through the store in 30 minutes, allotted 15 minutes for check-out, and arrived back at school -- with 10 minutes to spare -- to pick up the girls.

That being said, we're pulling for the Colts.

Post-game update: Our "pulling" did not seem to help. Big shout out to the Saints for an awesome game.

No comments: