Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day spa

I first had my brows threaded at a spa about 10-12 years ago. Once considered quite new (to us), the service has hit the mainstream and has landed at the mall kiosk. A couple of weeks ago, I made the impulse purchase. Overall, it was comparable to the spa experience for a mere $10. The downside is that I found myself reclining in a chair at the mall having my brows threaded while fellow mall-goers passed by.



By comparison, this is a tame procedure, by spa standards. At the mall, next to the Footlocker, it can attract second looks.

The girls were fascinated -- especially when they were invited to climb into the seat and the aesthetician pressed thread against their foreheads, imitating the threading experience. A couple of days later, the girls were playing, and I found myself surrounded by various animal bracelets that they were pressing into my forehead, simulating the threading experience. The pampering didn't stop there. They also pressed their kitchen plates, cups and utensils against my face. (Gracie, below, is providing spoon therapy to my brows. "Now close your eyes, mama. Close your eyes...")

Now if we can only add quiet new age-y music and a relaxing fountain, we will have the total home spa experience.

No comments: