Tuesday, April 26, 2011

28 Weeks

Hello, third trimester... so we meet again...

Today marks the start of the third trimester. Also, today I have my sugar test to see if I have gestational diabetes. For some reason, my doctor thought it was a bit early to have the test at the last appointment and recommended scheduling it today instead. So now I am having a diabetes test the Tuesday after Easter*... after indulging on copious amounts of candy, cakes, pie** and Skittles... always Skittles. With the girls' pregnancy I craved ice cream, Dairy Queen Blizzards, to be specific, but this go around I have been consumed with Skittles.*** Despite their delightful fruity flavor, they apparently have no nutritional value whatsoever.****

I am guessing, however, that Skittles have the ability to wreak havoc on blood sugar levels, and a third trimester without the comfort of Skittles is something I am not willing to imagine.

Updated: Totally "passed" the diabetes test.

*The unfortunate timing of the test feels a lot like a set up.
**Before anyone sends concerned e-mail, please know that exaggeration has been employed. Really.
***In fact, my mom and niece, Lexy, watched the girls back in December (the day they went shopping for pajamas). I returned home from errands and found Lexy's purchases on the kitchen counter. One purchase was a conspicuous pack of Skittles that had fallen outside of the bag and were simply there -- in plain sight on my kitchen counter. They were practically discarded. It took every fiber of my being not to tear into my niece's Skittles. Frankly, I am not sure I would have the willpower again.
****A realization that is shocking, because they are so colorful. And tangy!

No comments: