Thursday, April 14, 2011

Recipe of the week: Hello Dolly Bars



My mom's neighbor shared some these scrumptious bars a few months ago, and I had been meaning to try the recipe. I ran across the recipe in this month's Southern Living, and it jogged my memory that I had intended to make these tasty treats.

Ingredients:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted butter
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
2/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine first three ingredients in a medium bowl. Press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan. Bake 8 minutes. Sprinkle pecans, chocolate morsels and coconut over hot crust. Pour condensed milk over top. (Do not stir.)

2) Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are bubbly. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

No comments: