Friday, March 23, 2012

Pastels

Pastels are always integral for spring clothing, but this is the year of the pastel, taking a break from bold color of the past couple of years.  My favorite "it" color is blush, although this is not a complimentary color for me.  Blush, however, is a fablous color for my mom, and therefore, I have been pushing her to scoop up tons of blush items while they are readily available. 

I did, however, recently pick up the  Simply Vera (Wang) platform in blush (available at Kohl's).

Photo via Kohls.com

They are surprisingly (and thankfully) very comfortable. 

Again, pastels are not the most flattering selection for me, but I try to incorporate pastel accessories.  This "Pastel Power" guide from Vogue provides textbook guidance on how to do it right.

No comments: