Friday, July 20, 2012

Foyer

I have really been meaning to link up with Kelly Stamps' lovely blog, but have missed each and every week. Not having current photos is the usual obstacle. But guess what? This week, I am simply going with older photos. (I know, bad blogger!)

The below shot is from our front door.  We have the standard entryway.  The keeping room is to the left; the dining room is to the right.  Straight through the next door is the family room. 

(Forgive the Christmas card stand and wreath on the hall closet door.  Again, these are older photos.  I promise we do not have Christmas decorations still on display!)

 

This shot is from the family room.  The hall closet is to the left, and the door to the basement is to the right.  Also, we just had the rug cleaned, and the difference is amazing. 



I used to always position the girls in front of the door to photograph them.  Then, one day I had the epiphany to have them sit on the rug facing the door.  Voila!  Light!  I am embarrassed about how long it took me to have that realization. 

One final note... our decorating is limited to whatever is on the hallway table.  Currently I have a bowl and a picture of the three children.  Lauren (5) and I are always at war over the placement of these items.  She compulsively changes the position of the picture five or six times each day, and then I change it back.  And then she changes it back.  And then I change it back.  And then she does.  Until finally I call her into the hallway and ask her about it.  Except I always start laughing when I ask her so she keeps doing it. 

Something tells me that exchange is what I will always remember about this room. 

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I love the rug! What is a keeping room? And I also really like the story of the picture-war. Ha ha ha!

As you can tell, I'm slowly catching up on my SUYL reading :)