Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Enumerated Update



Happy Tuesday, friends!  This week is shaping up to be problematic, complete with car issues, illness and various missteps.  For example, this morning when my alarm sounded at 6:00, I pressed "snooze" on my phone -- except that the "buttons" on the new iOS7 are in a different spot so instead of snooze, the alarm was silenced.  When I woke up again at 7:09, we had a good old fashioned race-against-the-clock to get ready, eat and be at school by 8:00am.  We pulled it off with five minutes to spare.

Anyrate, here's what is happening with us so far:


1) Treats: Although William George has limitations in what he can eat due to pesky (although serious) allergies, he has still managed to elevate consumption of treats to an art.  He previously enjoyed plain M&M's, but he recently discovered the small Milky Way chocolate bars -- or as he calls them "Mickey Milks".  We try limiting sweets, but you try telling him "no" when he politely requests one.

"I have MickeyMilk, please?"

2) Collab: Just one more Target mention, and then there will be a Target hiatus for a while.  Two words: Peter Pilotto.  The next collaboration featuring the Pilotto goodness is scheduled for spring of 2014.

3)  Confession: I nabbed the scarf, but passed on the rest of the line (except for the sweater previously mentioned), although it's fantastic for anyone who needs to make any additions.  

4)  iOS7:  Dear Apple, the duo are not happy that the software update is not available for their iTouch 4's.  It took a couple of days, but they definitely noticed.

"You got new apps!"
"Can I have them?"
"You got a new calendar?"
"Why don't my photos look like that?"
"I want my weather to look like that."
"Can I have that kind of camera?"
"Did you get new notes?"

And so on.  This may be a prod from Apple to upgrade, but since Santa delivered their devices an upgrade is tricky.


5)  Six Words:  Instead of the lengthy and verbose pep talks usually given around here, I'm going to be more disciplined with my feedback with the trio's activities.  Instead of providing praise that could potentially set an expectation, create self-consciousness or (completely inadvertently) imply criticism, my long winded input is going to be reduced to these six words:

I love to watch you play.

Or, alternatively:

I love to watch you play the piano.
I love to watch you dance.
I love to watch you read.
I love to watch you ride your bike.

I have spoken those words to the trio a few times in the last twenty-four hours and have been rewarded with smiles.  This concept is discussed here, and the original article is here.

And that's it for us.  What is happening with you?

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

No comments: