Monday, September 30, 2013

Enumerated Update


Happy Monday, friends!  Quickly (because this is already late), here's where we are:

1) Magic Bus: Production of the VW Bus will cease as of December 2013.  The bus is often credited with starting the road trip movement and has a cult following like no other automobile.  The bus is currently only available in Brazil, and when Brazilian regulators finally insisted on safety measures, VW opted to cease production rather than comply.  Let's have a moment of silence for the VW Bus.

2) Collab: The Target hiatus is still on, but Catherine Malandrino currently has a collection at Kohl's.  See the collection here.

3) Buzz: This week's word is very apropos for some of my recent activities.  "Hard stop" is an expression used to define inflexibility in scheduling.  For example, if you have a meeting from 9-10am and fellow attendees want to extend the meeting past 10am, you would manage that expectation by saying you have a "hard stop," meaning you have to leave the meeting at 10:00, sharp.

Example:

"We have a lot to cover so this meeting/call may run a little long."
"Sorry... No can do. I've got a hard stop."

4)  New Wheels: I forgot to mentioned the recent purchase of a bicycle (see here).  This purchase ended up being timely because my vehicle is basically dying.  I simply need to attach the bike carrier and George's child seat, and I'll be set.  That scenario isn't really viable because we are not in a bicycle-friendly city, but, man, I wish it were. 

5) Related: Have I mentioned how much I loathe vehicle purchases and interacting with car salespeople? One aspect of city life that I know I would excel at is using cabs as a primary form of transportation.

6)  Birthdays: This is birthday week, and the duo are very, very excited.  For the first time in several years we are having an outdoor party and, of course, rain is in the forecast. My new hobby is staying in constant touch with the three weather apps on my phone.  An inclement weather plan is in the works, but since our parties tend to focus on singing, playing and enjoying cake we should be fine either way. 

That's it for us.  What is happening with you? 

No comments: