Monday, February 24, 2014

Enumerated Update


Happy Monday! Here is what's happening:

1) Cup of Jo: Nora Ephron once shared that she indulged in thrice weekly blow-outs. After years of success and living modestly, delegating the styling of her hair must have seemed incredibly indulgent. I had never liked her more than when I read that story.

Since we have three educations to fund and nary a Drybar in sight, I am going to need the DIY version. If you are in a similar situation, consider Joanna Goddard's tips for a professional blow-out.

2) Additionally: Goddard also had some good scarf-tying pointers for freshening up our late-winter scarf looks.  My favorite is the french twist. What's yours?

3) Home Office: I'm perpetually looking for home office solutions. As mentioned previously, I have a computer armoire in the playroom, a desk in our bedroom and a desk in Skip's office. The desk in our room is primarily used, but it still doesn't feel exactly right (although I love it; I really do; it's just not exaaaactly in the right spot*). Design Sponge's post about home offices lends some out-of-the-box thinking for home office spaces.

Also, I am excited about their office space re-do, but a little shocked that they didn't already have the place designed to the hilt.  Anyrate... I am excited to see the finished product.

4) ALT Channel: How I love all things ALT related! If I were design-oriented or even crafty, I would seriously start a savings fund to attend their conferences. Over the last couple of years, however, I attended several web conferences on various blogging and design topics, and, at $15.00 per class, the talks were a total steal. I always knew the rates would increase, but I was still saddened to see the latest photography class I wanted to grab was....$160.  Yikes! I always expected the increase to be in the $25-$50 range... not an increase of $145.  

5) DFW: The footnote-within-a footnote (below) is clear homage to David Foster Wallace. I still miss his writing.

And that's it for us. Have a wonderful week.


*The right spot would be Skip's office**, but, remember, my entries to his "bunker" are usually met with him saying, "Don't even sit down." That continues to be my favorite way of describing his work ethic.
**Except not really because I need my computer on the main level.  So really there is no solution, and that's why I am always looking for answers.

No comments: