Monday, March 22, 2010

Cake!

I don't have a tremendous reputation when it comes to baking. I used to work within walking distance of two exceptional bakeries, and used to lend them my patronage for any and all special occasion. We have intended to hone our confectionary skills, but those bakeries were sooo convenient.

Back in 2007, we picked up the Anniversary Bundt Cake Pan at Williams Sonoma and intended to try it out at our next dinner or gathering. This weekend I ran across the pan, still in the box.



While the box was on the counter, Skip noticed a recipe on the back of the box and commented that we should try it. Hmmm. Actually open the box?

Look! A bundt pan! So shiny!



After a good deal of mixing in separate bowls and mixing with the electric mixer, we had this:



I am always skeptical about removal, but look at those clean lines! (Don't ask about the other side.)



We also made the ganache, and I wish I had photographed the finished product. Imagine the picture on the box, only ganache that is applied less uniformly.

It was delicious.

Here's the recipe.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Very Impressive!!!!