Thursday, March 4, 2010

Home office

I have a couple of surfaces that I used to use as office space. I have a really nice computer armoire, an apartment-warming gift from my mom approximately nine years or so ago, and I have a desk in Skip's office. (Ok, technically, the desk in Skip's office is his old desk, but I used to sit there when I had conference calls, etc., for my old job.) My desk, the armoire, is currently located in an alcove of the playroom, and it is somewhat barricaded off to keep the girls from tearing it apart. Skip is very territorial about his office (he refers to it as his "bunker"). Since he spends HOURS and HOURS and HOURS there each week, I respect the boundaries.

I used to work from home a lot when I was employed. But, since my work is more of the home office variety now (read: non-paying), I have staked out a couple of alternate locations. There's the obvious, of course... the kitchen table. What it lacks in originality it more than makes up with light (it has views through a casement door and a double window), making it an attractive location.

Sometimes when I have a sitter (otherwise known as our sainted mothers) and am hiding in the master bedroom/bath area to get ready and make a smooth exit, I get more original, and use the bed as a surface and the bedside steps as a stool:



We are going to be making some much-needed changes soon (soundproofing for Skip's office, and a safe spot for my desk upstairs), but I am enjoying the roving ability for now.

No comments: