Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hector projector

On the days when the girls do not attend official preschool, we have school at home. After we finished up today, the girls were finishing up some activities, and the school supply basket was on the counter. I was busy working on some other things, but in the periphery I noticed some unusual movement from Lauren. Knowing that I needed to check out some of the suspicious activity (e.g., why would she be taking the stool from the bathroom to the kitchen?), I went into the kitchen and saw that she had used the stool to climb up and rifle through the supply basket. When she saw me, she made eye contact and said, "What do you think you're doing? What are you doing up there? Hmmm? What are you doing in that basket?"

She asked me those questions -- in a serious tone.

Maybe I'm just that predictable, or maybe she has adopted projection at a very early age.


No comments: