Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cards and stationery




Surprisingly (or maybe not), I am an admirer of Martha Stewart, although Skip tells me all the time (usually when a recipe/project/idea goes horribly awry) that I need to find a new guru.

The reason I continue to be enamored with her is because her products are classic, good, and of exceptionally high quality. Take the above thank you note we received a week or so ago. (My nephew's fiance has impeccable taste.) The card is simple, yet elegant, and I was not at all surprised to see the Martha Stewart logo imprinted on the back. I never think to consider her stationery, although every year during the holidays (upon receipt of cards from her line) I intend to do so the following year.

This lovely card prompted me to at least bookmark her site, to have at-the-ready next fall. A quick Google search revealed the obvious: Martha has partnered with Crane & Co., and the results are stunning. Most of the line is wedding-centric (therefore, not at all what I would be shopping for), but I thought this was adorable:



Crane also has partnered with Kate Spade, whose "paper" is other-worldly.

From notebooks:



To postcards:



To social calling cards:



To note pads (my favorite pick):



It's all so tempting. And with this many lovely options, why are we all so eager to eliminate paper? The above options definitely cause me to re-think forgoing social niceties.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Fabulous! I am very much addicted about cardmaking and I really think that these things here are really good.