Monday, August 23, 2010

Current

We have an obsessive tendency to subscribe to magazines. Over the last week to 10 days, all of the Fall fashion magazines have landed -- with a huge THUD! -- in the mailbox. They have been collecting in a towering stack, unread.

This past weekend, Gracie had a nasty stomach bug, and we were homebound. (She has fully recovered and is back to her regular self now.) I tackled about half of the stack, and am on "information overload" with regards to pop culture and fashion trends.

Some noteworthy finds (in no particular order):

1) "True Prep," a sequel of sorts to "The Preppy Handbook" is coming out soon. While I'm certainly not preppy (I'm not really anything), it's sure to be a funny read.

2) There are a couple of alternatives to evite that are worth looking into: paperlesspost.com and cocodot.com.

3) Apparently, we're supposed to be wearing a primer under our foundation now. I was aware of this product (primer) already but had been actively ignoring it because I simply did not want to add another cosmetic to my list of things to buy. However, I stumbled onto the merits of this product while perusing an article on age, and I'm thinking it might decrease the amount of concealer I use.

4) I read an article about Cindy Crawford, also on an age-related topic, and when asked what she does differently (now that she's older) she demurred for the most part. However, she did say that she takes great care not to go out 1) without first fixing her hair or 2) wearing sweatpants, that she cannot get away with that now that she's older. Hmmm. Does that mean I shouldn't go out like that? What about when I'm just dropping the girls at school? Wouldn't that be ok?

5) I am reminded that I like Julia Roberts.

6) I am ready for Fall. So ready.

The thing with magazines is that their delivery should be staggered so that this information trickles into your home each week instead of in a massive delivery because, really, no one can absorb this much trivial information.

No comments: