Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Soap

I was late in the game with my discovery of Diapers.com so I want to be sure to scream Soap.com's existence from the rooftops.

Back when we were still enslaved to the expense of diapers and pull ups, ordering from Diapers.com was truly a lifesaver. Sure, the absolute cheapest route is to make the trek to the big box store of your choice. There's no question that, per item, you'll make out cheaper by simply making the journey to an actual store. However, since our big box store of choice, Costco, is a lengthy commute, ordering online, with delivery within 48 hours, is the very definition of sanity and goodness.

There is the compelling argument that while a shopper may pay slightly more per item, the overall expense will be significantly less because impulse shopping is curtailed. My entire money-saving strategy hinges on the simple precept of staying out of stores. Therefore, the above argument is completely true for me.

We have left the diaper/pull-up days behind us (thank goodness!). So imagine my surprise when I received a promotion for Soap.com. I have only briefly perused the site. While I envision using the site infrequently, I have bookmarked this for emergencies (sick children immediately springs to mind).

Happy shopping at Soap!

No comments: