Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Flops



Several weeks ago, the girls received the above flip flops (with hand crafted embellishment) from their beloved "Miss Eva," my stepmother. Miss Eva has crazy mad skills and has made the girls innumerous goodies over the years, beginning with their stunning baby blankets, receiving blankets and crocheted socks. Miss Eva is a crafting genius, and I really should mention the Etsy site to her, now that I think about it. Miss Eva is the type of craftsman that almost makes me want to peruse the Purl website. But, then I remember I lack any sort of talent w/r/t creating something with my bare hands.

Anyrate, back to the flops, they have been a huge hit. HUGE! Luckily, I photographed them before they were worn because they have seen a lot of action this summer. So... imagine the girls' surprise when Miss Eva presented them with a new pair when we met my dad for lunch this past Saturday. Oh, the joy! They held them all the way home, chattering happily about their new shoes.

No comments: