Tuesday, May 17, 2011

31 Weeks

Thirty-one weeks down and only nine to go.  We now have appointments every two weeks, and I have some physical therapy appointments thrown in for fun.  Although I feel really large, I am measuring right where I am supposed to be.  I will never, as long as I live, forget measuring 40 weeks when I was 28 weeks pregnant with the girls.  I remember telling a neighboring coworker about measuring 40 weeks, and she asked what I would measure at 40 weeks?!  Luckily, the measurement stops at 40 weeks so there's no real way to measure 84 weeks or anything. 

I am really enjoying the break in the heat and am not enthusiastic about my growing size and the 90+ degree heat that is right around the corner.  See, I missed a lot of the drudgery last time because I was placed on bed rest (although I did continue to work daily from home right up until the night before delivery) with the girls at 28 weeks.  This time?  I am completely in the fray, chasing two 4 1/2 year old monkeys around and managing preschool and car pool lines four days per week.  The schedule is definitely good for all of us because it helps that the girls are maintaining their routine, and being busy is absolutely what we prefer.  Bed rest made me incredibly antsy and impatient, something worth remembering when I am schlepping about this summer.    In fact, the girls are going to a summer program two half days to try to maintain a solid schedule, and they will continue to have some good, quality grandparent time as well.  Sadly, I am too tired to fully reconvene "Camp Mom" from last year.  We will have a lighter version of Camp Mom this year.

In the meantime, we are gearing up (literally) for our newest family member.  We have recycled some things that we can use again, and we have equipment on its way to us.  His new crib arrived yesterday.  Importantly, his coming home outfit has been on hand for months:


His summer wardrobe is mostly in place, and we have some of the necessities lined up. We have nine weeks to get everything else in order.

That's doable, right?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Come on Cathi...where are the big belly pics???? HA!!!

The Lindsey Family said...

That's VERY funny. Don't waste your time looking for them because they will not be forthcoming!

Oh, I got a message from you this week and have meaning to call... I will try you tomorrow? Hope that works.