Monday, May 16, 2011

Good taste and good scents

So last weekend during the lengthy preparations to ready the girls for their big dance recital, they enjoyed the primping and pampering that goes along with transforming oneself into a ballerina. After make-up application and after securing their hair in buns and affixing the floral hair piece, we topped off the process with perfume.

We love perfume, and their signature (and only) scent for the past few years has been Love's Baby Soft. (Prior to that, their signature scent was Desitin! :-) Santa usually brings a supply in their stockings at Christmas. Very occasionally, they get to wear an "every day" perfume, one of the other three bottles on my bathroom counter. The final bottle, currently Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, is off limits.

After securing her hair with 25 bobby pins, I asked Gracie which perfume she wanted to wear. "I want that one," she said decisively.

This one? I pointed to the Love's Baby Soft.


"No. That one," she said.

"Oh, you mean the Clinique, right?" I asked.


"No! THAT one!" she said with increasing determination.

"Oh, I see, this one," I said, and picked the bottle up dramatically.


Lauren immediately entered the fray, "I want that one, too!!!"

While I am sure our car reeked of perfume, we all had fun and felt especially glamorous with our special perfume, although we are back to the daily routine now.

No comments: