Monday, May 9, 2011

An abundance of flowers

I am officially behind on posting. To try to catch up, let's try tackling events in reverse chronological order (kind of).

This past weekend was lovely, and a floral theme has emerged at our home. Sunday was Mother's Day, and we had a very quiet, easy day here at home. My sweet niece gave me the following flowers at the girls' ballet recital on Saturday. So beautiful:



Sunday morning, Skip and the girls brought me breakfast in bed. Gracie and Lauren were inspired after reading "Fancy Nancy's Marvelous Mother's Day Brunch," and they enjoyed their breakfast along with me in bed.

From there, Skip took over all the lunch details and coordinated activities for the rest of the day so that I could nap (sooo decadent) and have a light afternoon.

Saturday, the ballet troupe had its recital at a local theatre. The girls received flowers from cousin Lexy and their Daddy (of course). They LOVE their bouquets and regularly point to them with pride:



(Recital details to come with a future post.)

Finally, Friday was our anniversary. The flowers the girls received (above) were all the more special because I received the below flowers Friday morning. Friday and Saturday morning, the girls repeatedly demanded to know why I received flowers and they did not.

"Where are my flowers?"
"Why I not get any flowers?"
"But I need flowers..."



Order was restored once the dancers received their bouquets, and our home has never been lovelier.

No comments: