Friday, July 29, 2011

Rugs and Restoration Hardware


I used to adore Restoration Hardware. Maybe 9-10 months ago they retooled their image, had a marked shift in inventory and, basically, tossed the RH I knew and loved out the window. I tried to console myself with Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel. Deep down, I knew it wasn't the same. Ultimately, I tried to bury my feelings.

Today, the old wounds resurfaced. I have spent the past hour online searching for the perfect silver sage rug to go in Baby George's room. The exact color I am looking for is kind of a eucalyptus color -- a silver green.  Finally, my search took me back to Restoration Hardware.

They have a rug in silver sage!

They have one in eucalyptus! (Of course they do; they do everything perfectly.)

Cue "Reunited" by Peaches and Herb.

Wait. Wait a minute. What are those tiny little words beneath the swatches?

PRODUCT NOT AVAILABLE.

It was a really old link... to the old Restoration Hardware. 

Restoration Hardware, we are so broken up. AGAIN.

No comments: