Monday, March 17, 2014

Enumerated Update



Happy Monday, friends! We are returning from a quick trip to the beach and are probably a little cold from looking for shells in the chilly March wind.

Quickly, here is a short list:

1) New Status: Several months ago, Skip told me of a new branding movement. He had returned from Portland (Oregon) and said he understood now why Birmingham is being called the "Portland of the south". I haven't heard any more about this trend. Is it happening? Are we doing this? Are we, once and for all, declaring ourselves the quirky, Atlanta alternative? Personally, I would take quirky over some of our past historical blunders.

2) Confession: We are not the best vacation planners. It's less about procrastination and more about making sure we REALLY will want to do the trip once planned (versus another destination). I am bad, but Skip is even worse, if possible. Therefore, it's a toxic blend of fly-by-the-seat-of-pants planning.  We are going to put our heads down and do better.

3) Truthfully: Ok, you've got me. It's mostly about procrastination.

4) Motivation: This list of 50 Rules of Vacation definitely makes me want to get cracking.

5) Golden: We met the most beautiful Golden Retriever over the weekend. She was five months old, perfectly behaved, and the trio loved her. Since then, I have been coming up with names for our golden. I'm not even a dog person! (Shout out to my fellow cat peeps!) I blame the gulf breeze.

What's happening with you? Are you making summer plans, or will you be winging it?

No comments: