Saturday, March 7, 2015

Enumerated Update



Happy Friday, friends! We have enjoyed another week with snow days due to freezing rain and icy road conditions, and to say that the trio are stir crazy would be a tremendous understatement. Basically, I am out of tricks. We are looking forward to a warmer weekend that will likely involve lots of playground time. Otherwise, here is our situation:

1) An Unpopular Stance: Lately I am hearing all sorts of grumbling about the cold and much longing for spring. I have no quarrel with spring... what's not to like? Flowers, green grass, the return of leaves on trees... those are good things, of course. We are looking forward to a change. Easter dresses have been purchased, and I have been thinking about readying our closets for warmer weather. All good things.

Notwithstanding the above issues with weather days, I really like winter.  It's true! I have loved February, bundling up and enjoying the fullest part of winter. Sure, I would have preferred more snow and less rain, but it is what it is.  For those residing beyond the south, please remember that our winters are verrry mild, and we have exceptionally blue skies when temperatures drop. Skip's company's headquarters are in Minneapolis, and he travels there frequently. I'm not sure I could get on board with that much winter, but ours is delightful.

2)  Snow Art: Speaking of winter, I fully recognize that frigid temperatures and grey skies would not be optimal, but I like this idea for brightening up winter.

3) New York City: Find out where you should live based on your Myers-Briggs personality type. Since Skip and I are both INTJ's, we should be packing for NYC tonight. (Unsure of your personality type? Take an abbreviated version of the test here.)

Also, did I ever mention the time when Lauren was downstairs organizing a contest for George and Grace? It was a year or so ago, and she asked if a trip to NYC would be a good prize for the winner. We told her that yes, it would, but that we could not go to New York City at this time, that all three of them are too little to navigate city life easily. Also, a major trip would be overboard as a prize for winning her contest and to pick something else.

Ten minutes later, we heard cheering and squealing upstairs, and then we heard Grace and George come running down the stairs excitedly saying, "We wanna go! We wanna go to New York!!!! When are we leaving?! Can we pack NOW??!!"  Needless to say, Lauren was not very popular with them, once everything had been explained.

4) Organization: I am on Week Nine of my organization overhaul and household item purge. It is freeing, and I cannot recommend it enough. I have completed the kitchen, laundry room, pantry(ies), bathrooms, master bedroom, family room, sitting room, hall closet, and I am currently tackling the playroom and our explosive toy situation. The area that will pose the biggest challenge is... my closet. Dun-dun-DUN! Friends, it's so bad. That area is a few more weeks away, but I have been looking forward to it since Week One and have been storing away ideas for how to slay the dragon. This is one of my recent favorites.

5) Buzz Words: As someone who frequently falls in love with certain words, I tend to pay special attention to language. I've mentioned before that business buzz words were always fascinating to me, and then parodies of business buzz words are always fun, too. Skip shared one with me last week:

Wealth Prevention

So apparently one of his friends refers to his wife as "Wealth Prevention," as in:

"So... are you guys going to the beach for spring break?"
"Yeah... I don't know... I'm gonna  have to check with Wealth Prevention on that and get back with you." 

I had to concede it was funny, although I did point out that the vast majority of food/clothing/household purchasing is managed by women, and therefore, there was an inherent unfairness to the joke.

This post has lapsed over to Saturday, and I am currently listening to the trio play in the playroom (with those wretched toys!). We are heading outside to enjoy the sunshine and ride bikes. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend as well.














No comments: