Sunday, March 22, 2015

Enumerated Update

"Do I look like a senior?"

"And do I?"


We have been busy ushering in spring (moment of silence, please, for winter and its wonderful accoutrements), making the update late. Here is our situation.

1) For the Win: I cleaned the playroom and organized (read: eliminated) all of the downstairs toys last week. The "Hallelujah Chorus" is playing in my head as I type this.

This week I took an initial run at my closet. Unfortunately, I chose a week when Skip was in town and took quite a bit of grief about the quantity of items contained within. My rebuttal to any charges about excess is that the closet is simply too small.

2) House of Cards: We have been taken with this show since the very first season. However, season three was disappointing. This analysis of the show puts it best. Otherwise, the best thing about season three? Doug Stamper's apartment.

3) Sonnet James: My warmer weather wardrobe consists mostly of casual dresses. Last year's availability of t-shirt dresses at various price points (my faves were from Gap and Target) were perfect additions to a casual wardrobe. Sonnet James nails this look perfectly, and one of their dresses may make its way on my Mother's Day wish list.

4) Internet Negativity: I'm always baffled by online negativity. Design Sponge did an excellent job of dissecting negativity, the false notion of perfection, and encouraging us all to chill out when we see perfectly styled images online.

5) Chasing Yesterday: Noel Gallagher, formerly of Oasis (a favorite of mine), released an album earlier this month, and we have had it on heavy rotation. We would give it 3/5 stars, in comparison to his other work, but a little of the Oasis sound is 5/5 when compared to other available music. Also, there's always the promotional interview for our amusement (language caution).

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: