Monday, March 9, 2015

Weekend Update




This past weekend was a nice mix of work and play. We worked Saturday morning - Skip washed both cars, and I cleaned/purged/organized the hall closet. Lauren, Grace and William George cleaned their rooms and the play rooms. After a nice morning of play, we had lunch, and then the girls worked on their softball skills. And then they rode bicycles and played in the yard and just really enjoyed being in the sunshine. Even Pixie had two friends over, a grouchy little dog we started calling "Mr. Roper" and a sweetheart of a dog who was left to play the role of Helen Roper.

 After church Sunday, the trio went to Gran and Poppa's, and they were treated to this really cool basketball game/contraption. I think they shot baskets all afternoon. Skip and I ate lunch at Flip Burger Boutique and then stopped by the Apple store. Regretfully, I have to relay that our original iPad - the iPad I, if you will, is having difficulty managing apps and web browsing. It's original chip is just overloaded. This has been something of a double blow because the original iPhone we have from 2007 has finally zonked out, too. The iPad I continues to work great as a reader, and videos can be viewed on it. For the latter reason, it will get a new life in the hands of William George. With five years of heavy use, we feel like we got our money's worth. But that left us with an iPad to purchase - an iPad for my use. I mention that because while I have no trouble parting with money for the children or for Skip, it's very painful to hand over money for one's self. In fact, after the experience (which I had been dreading), Skip said, "You were SO flushed during the exchange." Yes, that is probably true... because I do not like handing over money. When the pain subsides, I'm sure I will enjoy the significant move to the Air 2 (or iPad 6) and all of the improved functionality that will bring.

 After that painful experience, we picked up the trio, and took the girls to Claire's. They received a gift card from a male classmate (who obviously knows how to shop) for their birthday, and they just remembered that it was still stashed away for safe keeping. So off to Claire's we went for a little shopping excursion. They settled on decorative glasses, because they are fascinated with smart eye wear.




While we were getting everything ready for school on Monday (by the way, the newly organized closet makes for a wonderful staging area for backpacks, jackets, etc. So... let me see if I've got this down... when I clean things out... they are much more functional. Huh! Who knew?) the duo got wind of the fact that a neighboring school system was not having school. We had to talk them down from the ledge and explain that their days off are at the end of this week instead. 

Reluctantly, they started the week in full gear. 

Have a wonderful week.  

No comments: