Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Lauren's Vacation Report: Outer Banks, NC




Lauren wrote another vacation report after our trip to Outer Banks, North Carolina, and she is letting me share it with you. (I should mention that I am very tardy in posting this because I wanted to find a couple of photos to accompany her words. My apologies, Lauren.)  

Hi guys! I'm writing another report on my vacation. My Dad's side of the family and I are in... Outer Banks, North Carolina! (Big thanks to Sumit, the Guptas, and SAGA)

On Friday, we drove  halfway, well a little over halfway, and we stopped in Lumberton, North Carolina. We had dinner at Ruby Tuesday and then went to bed.

On Saturday, we drove the rest of the way to OBX and reunited with family. If you don't know their names let me tell you, but if you do, this will be a good review. Okay so my younger cousins are Reagan, Harper, and Connor, and my adult cousins are Lori, David, and Sumit. My uncle is named Bill and my aunt is named Kathy. My family friends are Charlie, Pam, Johnny, Zane, Shewta, Omit, Iyan, and Annika. After we had arrived, we swam in the pool for a little while, went to the beach, had dinner, and went to bed.

On Sunday, we had breakfast and went to the pool to swim for a while, and then went to the beach, and then my Dad and Sumit did the paddle board! After we played at the beach for a while, we went back to the house that my family and I are staying in this very nice house by SAGA, which is called The Ocean Star. We had Sumit and his girlfriend, Tayna, over for dinner. We had some BBQ and with coleslaw on the side, (Thanks to Mrs. Pam and Aunt Kathy!) watched this American Ninja Warriors show, and went to bed.

On Monday, we got up and had some breakfast. Then we swam in the pool for a while and then we went to the beach that afternoon, then we ate dinner, which was tacos, (Thanks Mom and Dad!) watched Star Wars, (the second one) and went to bed.

On Tuesday, we had a rainy morning, so we, (Dad, Mom, George, Gracie and I) went for a drive. We drove north and learned some interesting facts about the Wright brothers and their invention, the airplane. Afterwards, we decided we wanted to go out for lunch, so we went to this restaurant called Pizzazz and had some pizza and french fries. Then we went to this fun beach store called Super Wings to buy some souvenirs. My parents bought me a float and this really cozy sweatshirt! Thank you Momma and Daddy!! Last of all, we went to to a sunglasses store for Mom and Dad to buy some new sunglasses. Daddy decided to use his old sunglasses (mom's currently) and Mom bought a new pair. We drove home and Uncle Bill, Aunt Kathy, Mrs. Pam, Mr. Johnny, Zane, Dad, Mr. Charlie, Gracie, and I went to the b each while everyone else stayed at the pool. Guess what I saw... A CRAB!!!! It was so ugly! No offense Mr. Crab. After the crab drama, Daddy and I played football in the sand. Let me give you a tip from Uncle Bill, the water is VERY COLD!! We went back to the pool for a quick swim. We got out and took quick showers in time for dinner which is... Hamburgers and hotdogs! (Thanks Uncle Bill, Daddy and everyone else!) Yummy! After dinner, we had Sumit over to visit and we all watched Scooby Doo and went to bed.

On Wednesday, we ate breakfast and we were planning on going to this water park, so we all got in our swimsuits and applied sunscreen and then we drove to the water-park. When we got there, we were in shock. The park was SO BIG!! We met up with Sumit since he had bought us all tickets (Thanks Sumit!) and got them scanned, so we were able to go in. We were looking for seats (it was VERY crowded) and then we saw this nice cabana, so we decided to sit in there. Okay-, first, we went in the wave pool. That was really cool! Then, we did this fun obstacle course. After that, some of us went on this very big water slide. I went on it and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!! Well, except for the part when we slid down so far and went all the way back up. We did the lazy river and all sorts of other fun stuff. We took a break to have lunch in the cabana, (Thank you for ordering my food momma!) and we let our food settle for a few minutes and then we went back into the wave pool to swim a little bit. The rest of the family decided to go home and Dad, Mom, my siblings, and I stayed and swam for a little bit longer. Two hours later [ed. five hours later], we picked up McDonalds and ate some dinner in the car, basically like a car picnic. After dinner, we drove home, showered, and went to bed.

On Thursday, we got up and had some breakfast. Then we decided we wanted to go to the beach, so everyone changed into their swimsuits, applied sunscreen, and walked to the beach. The water was really cold, so we built some sand castles instead. Aunt Kathy showed me how to make the sand castle perfect, which was really useful, thank you Aunt Kathy! We made some mountains, moats with creatures (made out of sand) in it, and all sorts of stuff. Around lunchtime, we went back to the house and ate some lunch and swam in the pool for a while. Around 4:30, we started showering because the Guptas were coming over for dinner. When the Guptas arrived, we had dinner and had a bunch of fun and then we went to bed.



On Friday, it was VERY hot outside, so we watched the movie 'The Boss Baby' that morning. Then later that morning, we decided we wanted to go to the pool, so we changed into swimsuits, applied sunscreen, and swam in the pool for a while. At noon, we were hungry and it was getting ever more hot outside, so we went inside, changed, and ate some lunch. After lunch, we watched two movies 'Cars 2' and 'Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2'. When we finished watching, George, Grace, and I took showers, and then went down to dinner. We had some hamburgers. (thanks Uncle Bill and Daddy and the side dish cooks) After dinner, we watched a little bit of AquaMarine, said goodbye to everyone, and went to bed.

On Saturday, it was time to leave. I LOVED this trip and was so happy to see my family again. Well Grace, George, Dad, Mom and I headed for the road.

Thanks to: Family, the Guptas, and SAGA

No comments: