Monday, August 21, 2017

Weekend Update

So it's Monday, and I hear something funny is happening with the moon today? Did you happen to hear that?

Before we begin our 2017 Solar Eclipse party, here's a brief look at our weekend.

First, the trio were really tired from their first full week of school. Therefore, we took it really easy Friday night. We had a rare taco Friday which was awesome until George looked at me and said, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking???"

"I don't know. What are you thinking?" I asked.

"CHEESE DIP!!!!!!"

Sadly, I had to tell him we were out of queso, and he suggested I prioritize a trip to Costco, pronto.

By the way, can I give a little aside here. So my dad's family has some Native American ancestry, with both my paternal grandparents ancestry being pretty noticeable in their physical appearances. I don't remember the amount, but I seem to recall hearing either 1/32 or 1/16 being discussed.

We recently learned that one of our neighbors of eleven years has some more significant heritage, and they were recently out of town. Their daughter explained that they were at a pow-wow. A bonafide pow-wow! We thought it was the coolest thing ever, and we are definitely going to learn more the next time we see her. Sure, it's not unusual for people in our area to have Native American ancestry, but how many people can say they have been to a pow-wow?

By the way, I realize "pronto" shouldn't segue into pow-wow (I know "pronto" is Italian/Spanish.), but that's just how my caffeine fueled mind is working this morning with those two p-words.

We had a little more structure Saturday. While Skip had a tennis match, the trio and I secured eclipse glasses, and I took the opportunity to compare the eclipse-glasses craziness to Y2K preparations. Do you remember that? The Y2K end-of-the world, will-our-cars-even-work, what-will-happen-to-the-power-grid insanity? Skip proudly served on the Y2K compliance team at our employer at the time. It was very similar to the eclipse glasses craziness, except it lasted six months instead of a week. The girls thought it was pretty comical.

After some lunch, we had a family date night, consisting of grabbing some pizza and visiting Target. (We also took some photos prior to the start of the evening, and a treat from Target was everyone's thank-you for cooperating with me so that we can use my photos instead of hiring a photographer, which we are glad to do, when needed. However, it's kind of nice to recoup the expense of camera equipment by saving money on photographers. :)






We had an awesome church service on Sunday. The girls had moved up from children's church to the tween program last Sunday, but we had a hectic time so we recreated photos to capture that moment. They are so excited to start the program and enjoy some tween privileges.



How was your weekend?





No comments: