Thursday, May 27, 2010

Outtakes

So I have been attempting to figure out the lens that Skip (and the girls) gave me for Mother's Day. It is a 50mm 1.8, and it is manual in nature. While I may tinker with the manual settings on my camera from time to time, it is not an overstatement to say I really have no idea what I am doing in that regard. No idea whatsoever, if truth be told.

But, it is really refreshing to not rely on all of the automatic features, to actually control the end product. Of course, by the time I focus, the shot is sometimes gone, the 3 1/2 year olds have darted away, leaving me to capture an image of the carpet. I still enjoy it, though, and when I do manage to capture a picture that I intended to capture they are much improved.

Some of the outtakes are fun, too. Below are a few of my favorite. While I wouldn't necessarily have these developed, I sort of like them:




No comments: