Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The pool

So the pool water was clean and clear for approximately one day -- actually, not even that long because Skip mowed the grass Friday night after I had installed the pool earlier that day.

Since then, I have been working to find the right chemical combination to restore order. Being an ardent fan of bleach, I have more than taken care of this part of the maintenance. In fact, if you were to walk out our basement door, you would likely be able to smell the chlorine in the air. It is so chlorine-y, in fact, that Skip asked, "Did you use more than the recommended amount?"

Of course I did. Who wouldn't?

If the recommended three tablespoons is good, then a full cup (=16 tablespoons) is better. Right?

The real issue has been all of the grass clippings and other unidentifiable matter that the filter doesn't seem to eradicate. I broke down and purchased a skimmer yesterday, you know, the net device. While obsessively fishing out detritus yesterday, I began wondering if a Polaris could be used on a pool this small, proving that we have purchased the highest maintenance children's pool ever invented.

No comments: