Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend update

We kicked off the weekend by..... drumroll..... opening the family pool! We went for a slight upgrade this year. We have had three consecutive years with a relatively low maintenance inflatable pool, seen here. However, this year we upgraded and took the next step up in pool size. I assembled our new baby Friday afternoon. Instead of the "10 minutes" promised (the pool, in fact, did take 10 minutes; the pump, however, took another 35), it took almost an hour from start to finish (set up, etc., etc.). Regardless, it was a big hit.




Saturday, we went to my nephew's wedding. Because I had the honor of some serving duties, I only managed to capture a couple of pics.

My dad's brother, Aaron, was seated behind us. The girls kept an eye on him the whole time (actually they were intrigued by the resemblance).




We also sat next to Hope, the girls' second cousin, and Lauren got a warm embrace!


Our weather was miserable (rainy) all day Sunday. We had to have fun by amusing ourselves. Here are a couple of shots of the girls singing silly songs. Speaking of songs, Gracie came home from preschool Friday singing. She sang and sang the whole time I was making lunch. Finally, the tune took a familiar turn, and I asked, "Gracie, are you singing 'Rock the Boat'?" Indeed she was. Some classics never fade.


No comments: