Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pedometers

Skip's employer has kicked off a physical fitness awareness program and (generously) sent all of the employees pedometers. Skip has been convinced that the device does not accurately count steps. He is out of town today and left his pedometer home. I took the opportunity to see how the gadget works.

I checked the reading an hour after clipping it to my pants (and after many, many, many steps), and it registered FOUR steps. That kind of inaccuracy is not going to work for me. I started thinking that maybe my waist doesn't jiggle enough (although that sure doesn't seem possible) to register steps, and that pocket placement would make for a more accurate reading. Alas, I have no pockets today. Instead, I clipped it to my sock.

Upside: It accurately counts steps!

Downside: It could be mistaken for an ankle monitoring device.

No comments: