Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sleepy time

Today we are touring children's rooms as part of Kelly's carnival.

I wrote last week about this room being a work in progress. We are transitioning from toddlers' room to little girls' room. As of now, this is the view from the door. As I mentioned previously, we recently incorporated new bedding (a birthday present), and, as the bare window indicates, we are awaiting the curtain rod (on back order) to hang the matching valance.



Another angle:



The upstairs bedrooms share a Jack and Jill bath, and this is the vanity off of their room:



We read a lot of stories at night. Therefore, we incorporated a little sitting area just for that activity. The girls are very excited to have inherited my old iPhone (one that I dropped and shattered last year). They use it for music only, and it occupies significantly less space than the stereo they had previously.

I picked up these chairs because I loved their feminine shape and thought they would be perfect in their room. I definitely want to have them recovered and am deciding on a fabric. Although I know I should pick a solid neutral, I am very tempted to select a brown, polka dot pattern to echo the comforters.



This corner continues to be a work in progress, but for now we have a glider rocker. I am thinking of placing our second nightstand here for another sitting area, but I am also purposefully keeping the entire room sparse for now.



Lamps and other items are still knocked over occasionally so less is best for the time being. The nightstands are not being used as bedside tables because Lauren has already demolished one lampshade when she was supposed to be napping.

Our next steps will include artwork for the walls, as well as recovering the chairs.

Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks so much for checking out our rooms!

No comments: