Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tricks of the trade

Every now and then I read something that causes me to do a mental (and sometimes physical) double take. This week I read somewhere that a mother's trick for improving a morning routine was to clothe her child in her school clothing the night before. Several readers commented that they employed that strategy. The child sleeps in his/her school clothing and marches off to school the next morning. Voila!

Now, that would never, never, EVER work for us because there are so many arguments about clothing, and I wouldn't want those to commence a second before they absolutely must. However, I hold no judgment whatsoever. Our trick is to lay clothing out for an entire week in a hanging organizer (as I'm sure I have mentioned before). While they may suck the spontaneity out of the clothing mystery, that is how we tackle the morning.

Whatever works.

No comments: