Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ballerinas


Today is the day we finally went to have ballet pictures taken.  I have been meaning to schedule time for this since mid-April and have been actively attempting to get this done since the recital at the beginning of May.  Unfortunately, we have had to work around school schedules, end of year activities and the occasional black eyes.  This item has been on my list of things to do before "baby brover" arrives, and I can now check it off!



To try to beat the heat, I scheduled a 9:30 appointment, and it worked out great, as we were the only people there at that time.  Having the place to ourselves minimized distractions and allowed them time to play with the photographer.




They did such a fantastic job of being on best behavior and being patient during the shoot. As a treat, they got to select our lunch destination, and I did not flinch (although I repressed an involuntary spasm) when they chose Burger King.



Even though the happy meal toy was a hideous transformer action figure, I put on a happy smile.


One like this:


And this:


And this:



Although I had contemplated taking the photos myself, I am glad to have left it to the pros. I don't think the girls would have "hammed" it up for me as much as they did for the photographer, and I certainly do not have the energy these days to perform for them to elicit laughter.  Even with outsourcing this task and having help (thanks, Grammie!), I needed a nap afterward.  They can be a tough audience when a camera is pointed at them.

No comments: