Monday, September 19, 2011

All things style-related


Confession time: I have now watched two episodes of Rachel Zoe.  During William George's feedings, I occasionally watch the news and have recently discovered on demand viewing.  So now I have watched Zoe, but I haven't formed a complete opinion yet. 

"My job is so crazy... and now with this pregnancy... when I have 100% memory loss, no energy and am sweating all the time?  It is so not chic." 

That Zoe is so insightful. 

Anyrate. Changing subjects, so I knew about this whole Missoni for Target collection, but the reality is that having a two month old who wants to be fed every three hours has a way of taking a minor priority like that and erasing it altogether.  I attempted to log on to Target last week, and the site was down.  Completely CRASHED.  I remember thinking, "Oh wow, I guess they have been hacked."  Silly me.  That was the day the Missoni line went on sale, and buyers crashed the site, stood in line at stores and generally caused a good deal of mayhem at all locations.  But again, I put it out of my mind entirely.  On some level I thought, "Great.  Now I don't even have to think about it again because they have been completely wiped out." 

So this past weekend we ran many, many errands in preparation for the girls' birthday and for some things Skip has needed.  (For those who know him well, you know he is notorious for not buying anything EVER, until he suddenly has a dire need for something that must be procured asap.)  So when found ourselves at Target, one of many stops, I went through the girl's section.  We were ready to leave when Skip insouciantly commented that a particular skirt would look good on them. 

"Oh yeahhhh, it's Missoni.  I thought they were completely sold out," I said. 

Turns out, they had a few rogue pieces here and there, but you really had to look for them -- in all areas and departments, because shoppers had abandoned or hidden clothing everywhere.  I guess it was a mob scene. 

Friends, I have seen the face of evil, and its name is Missoni.  I found two skirts, two pairs of leggings, two capes, two jackets and two dresses.  It seems like there may have been a couple of more (ok, maybe 4 or 5) things thrown in there for fun.*  What I can tell you is that purchasing Missoni in duplicate is a budget killer.  I refrained from purchasing a piece of Missoni luggage, only because Skip was giving me the "stink-eye" at that point.  While I kept telling him that the entire purchase was his responsibility, that I was prepared to leave until he pointed out the skirts, he was not buying it at all. 

The cashier told us that she had two large purchases on Missoni's opening day, one totaling $3,000 and another for $1,500.  Luckily, they do not have a boy's line so we were able to stay safely below those staggering totals. 

*Please don't judge; I purchase practically everything from consignment sales, and this constituted quite a birthday splurge.

No comments: