Thursday, September 15, 2011

The update



In the absence of anything especially new to report, I'll simply update everyone's status.



1)  First, by way of update on Baby G, he is doing much better after his first major round of vaccinations.  We are proponents for vaccination, but wow, that is some toxic stuff!


2)  This look (above) says, "Never do that to me again."




3)  Lauren has requested to have her ears pierced.  I haven't even had a chance to mention this to Skip yet.  (Skip, Lauren wants her ears pierced.) 



4)  No one in our family likes having shots.  Gracie had to have some blood drawn at an appointment in June.  She cried a little, but was actually very brave.  Lauren, on the other hand, screamed and cried and was absolutely traumatized that Gracie had to provide four vials of blood for labs.  Lauren cried in the car all the way home.  The trauma was such that I had to prepare her for seeing my IV when we had Baby George in July.  They refer to all shots and IV's as "a little pinch," such as, "I don't like that pinch."  Or, "I don't want to get a pinch." 

So... I told her that having one's ears pierced feels like a pinch, and that has basically terminated the ear piercing conversation -- at least for now.




5)   Gracie has adopted some new verbiage.  Of the new lingo, my favorite is her use of the word "issues". 


As in, "I don't have any issues." 

Or, "My issue is that I want a snack."

Or, "My issue is that Lauren is not sharing." 

Or (to Lauren), "You don't worry about me. I don't have any issues!"

That, essentially, sums up our week so far.

No comments: