Monday, September 26, 2011

Milestone: "Mama"


About a two weeks ago, William George really started cooing and talking a lot.  George has been a very social baby from the very beginning.  In fact, I told Skip from the minute we brought him home that he only cries if he is hungry, wet/dirty or lonely, and he seemed to be lonely a lot.  Accordingly, he prefers to be held.  I'm not sure if it is merely a different personality, because he is a boy or because he is a singleton, but he really seems to be lonely sometimes and craves interaction more than the girls ever did.  Of course, they had instant companionship with one another. 

Several weeks ago, I noticed how intently he would stare at our mouths when we would talk, and, as stated above, he began making all of his little sounds more and more frequently.  He loves to talk!  I also noticed that a specific sound kept emerging from the chatter:  mama.  I dismissed it, considering it a random sound, until Grammie confirmed hearing it distinctly.  Then Gran confirmed it as well.  With independent confirmation, I am logging it as a milestone. 

Well done, William George!       

No comments: