Thursday, April 5, 2012

Overheard: socks



Cathi:  [Navigating through a website.]  I really like these socks.
Skip:  [Incredulously] Are you looking at socks on the Internet?

Cathi:  Yes, why?
Skip:  Don't you think that's a little crazy?  Are you on eBay?

Cathi:  No.  Gap.  I really like these socks.  George has a few pairs that the girls wore, and I really like them.
Skip:  Why are you looking at socks?

Cathi:  Have you seen his pathetic socks?
Skip:  So... you think you're NOT crazy?

Cathi:  [Still scrolling through the site.]  There are 204 reviews for these socks.
Skip:  So?

Cathi:  An overall FIVE STAR rating.  These are good socks; I'm telling you.
Skip:  ...

Cathi:  [Reading reviews] "'I like these socks very much! I have bought them in other sizes and colours and they work perfect." See? That's helpful, AndrePau from Santiago, Chile. 
Skip:  ...

Cathi:  "I really love these socks. They enable my baby to stand without sliding."
Skip:  Ok, I get it.

Cathi:  "I wouldnt normally be inspired to write a review for socks but parenthood does strange things, no? it's one of my pet peeves that kids' pants ride up when theyre being carried in your arms or carrier, leaving their legs sexposed in the winter. these socks can be unrolled to almost legging length to solve the issue. love them."  Thank you, "PapaSimon" from NYC.
Skip:  Ok, that's enough. 

Cathi:  ...These socks are the best.

No comments: